It’s getting to that time of year when everyone is starting to feel a little tired and worse for the wear after 9 months of work. Are you in desperate need of a little R&R? The answer is a resounding yes if you identify with most of the following:
- Your desktop and phone backgrounds are photos of deserted island locations and you find yourself sighing wistfully every time you look at it.
- Your only experience of an exotic location is looking at Google street view. Ooh.
- Your employer has to actually force you to take your leave because you’ve forgotten what having a life even feels like
- Leaving your office building to get lunch is the best part of your day
- Rainy days are welcome because it makes sitting indoors staring at your computer somewhat more bearable. You couldn’t be outdoors living it up, ANYWAY.
- Getting up in the morning is torture and becoming progressively worse. You hit snooze every 5 minutes for a full 45 minutes and have to eventually mentally flog yourself to get out of bed
- You start considering crazy stuff like breaking your own leg just to get off work. Desperate times.
- You’re constantly forgetting what day of the week it is. Eat, sleep, work, repeat.
- You’ve becoming the office Grinch, ranting and raving at your co-workers for no good reason at all. Don’t be surprised when no one talks to you at the office party.
- You find yourself going through your old facebook holiday photos, reliving each glorious moment. During work hours, obviously.
- You’re mentally handcuffed to your gadgets – have phone, laptop, ipad, but will not travel..
If you’re feeling ‘sick and tired of being sick and tired’, save yourself and everyone who has to put up with you – take a weekend break! Check out sleeping-OUT for ideas!
*hint hint* September 24th is a public holiday!